We understand that your trust in us, is the most important asset of the private limited liability company (‘BVBA’) “DE KEYZER” (hereinafter referred to as "DE KEYZER", "we" or "us"). As such, your privacy is essential for us.
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as "Privacy Statement") is applicable, inter alia, (i) to our website https://www.dekeyzer.be and the portal (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), (ii) when visiting an establishment of DE KEYZER, (iii) when a staff member of DE KEYZER visits your location, and (iv) on all (commercial) relations between DE KEYZER and its customers, prospects and business partners.
This Privacy Statement includes information about the personal data collected by DE KEYZER, as well as the manner in which DE KEYZER uses and processes this personal data.
DE KEYZER wishes to emphasize that it always attempts to act in accordance with (i) the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, and (ii) the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 December 2018 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data.
Relying on the services of DE KEYZER, purchasing products, visiting the Website (incl. logging in) and any communications with DE KEYZER implies your explicit approval (through disclosure of your personal information or opt-in) of the Privacy Statement and consequently how we collect, use and process your personal data.
Types of personal data
DE KEYZER can collect and process the following personal data:
- Address (street, number, postal code, city and country)
- Telephone number (mobile and/or land line)
- E-mail address
- Account name
- Client number
- Camera footage
- All personal data provided in the ‘free field’ when making an appointment or completing the contact form
- All personal data freely provided to DE KEYZER (e.g. in correspondence).
DE KEYZER also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. As such, DE KEYZER shall automatically log (for example) which sections of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the Website. We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows DE KEYZER to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website.
Methods of personal data collection
These personal data are collected in the context of:
- Visiting the Website
- Collaboration with DE KEYZER
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with DE KEYZER
- Visiting the establishment
- A visit of your location (e.g. through track-and-trace installed in the vehicle of the staff member)
- A prospection meeting with a sales representative
- Creation of an account
- Requesting a quote
- Filling out a contact form
- Making an appointment (whether or not through the Website)
- Subscribing to the newsletter
- Appealing on the services of DE KEYZER (such as but not limited to installing products or the after-sales services)
- Subscribing to conventions, events, seminars, etc.
- Exchanging business cards
- Protecting the establishment with camera surveillance
- Taking pictures/filming individuals on events
All personal data, collected by DE KEYZER, are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
DE KEYZER can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of the agreement with DE KEYZER (incl. follow-up thereof)
- Responding to questions (whether or not received when making an appointment or through the contact form)
- Prospection of potential clients
- Sending newsletters
- Creating statistics
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Drafting up a quote (and sending it)
- Drafting up an order confirmation (and sending it)
- Creating an account
- Delivering support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Send targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and – where applicable – upon explicit consent
- Conducting customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- Registration the visitors of the establishment
- Confirmation of the subscription to a convention, seminar, event, etc.
- Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- Making a promotional video
- Placing photos on the Website
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with DE KEYZER or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which DE KEYZER is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by DE KEYZER or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when you are a child).
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
DE KEYZER shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimisation thereof (including but not limited to the processing of payments, transport of deliveries, database management and delivering services to DE KEYZER (i.e. in light of subcontracting)). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, external IT-consultants, financial institutions (e.g. bank), transport partners, service providers (photographer, translator, electrician, (natural) stone processor, etc.) and other entities within the group.
If it is necessary that DE KEYZER discloses your personal data to third parties, the third party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that DE KEYZER discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if DE KEYZER is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- If DE KEYZER, or the majority of its assets, is taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which DE KEYZER has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets
In all other cases, DE KEYZER will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) any other mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data.
Storage of personal data
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified by a (legal) obligation, DE KEYZER shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Statement under 'III. Use of personal data'.
Your privacy rights
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data
- Right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten'). (DE KEYZER wishes to point out that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete resp. request deletion of certain required personal data)
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to transferability of your personal data
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights please contact email@example.com or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights and deliver it to DE KEYZER by email or post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form and a copy of your E-ID (please cover up the photo, MRZ (machine readable zone), the string of numbers at the bottom, the card number and the identification number). In addition, you can always, via your personal account, update, modify and/or verify your personal data (with the exception of the e-mail address).
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about the products/services of DE KEYZER, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button underneath each of DE KEYZER’s emails.
Security of personal data
DE KEYZER undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
DE KEYZER shall store all personal data, which it has collected, on-site.
Notwithstanding DE KEYZER’ security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, DE KEYZER is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of your account will also partly depend on the confidentiality and complexity of your password. DE KEYZER will never ask for your password, meaning that you will never be required to communicate it personally. If you have nonetheless communicated your password to a third party – for example because this third party has indicated that it wishes to offer additional services - this third party shall have access to your account and your personal data via your password. In such cases, you are liable for the transactions which occur as a result of the use made of your account. DE KEYZER therefore strongly advises you, if you observe that someone has accessed your account, to immediately change your password and contact us.
Update Privacy Statement
DE KEYZER is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. DE KEYZER does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
Contact DE KEYZER
If you have questions and/or remarks about this Privacy Statement or the manner in which DE KEYZER collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, please contact us:
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Industrielaan 55, 8930 MENEN
In case you are not satisfied with the way DE KEYZER handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way DE KEYZER collects, uses and and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.